Tuesday, May 1, 2007

'nother Poker After Dark game

I played another Poker After Dark game. Well, technically a few. In the first couple I just didn't have any patience. I played while tending my three year old daughter, so there were a lot of interruptions, and I just plain played too aggressive.

After my daughter went to bed I got in another game. Again, I got sloppy and lost. I just pushed too hard. Granted, I was chip leader at the table for awhile, but I ended up blowing it in situation where I knew the "What an idiot. I should never checked the call box. I'm wasting chips!" But then, before my call was thrown in, the guy before me made a raise, so it asked what I wanted to do. Of course, I called the raise! Ugh.

I decided to join a 10k, 9 player sit & go. Since I only had 50k I figured that the threat of a 10k loss would be enough to keep me on track.
It was, at first.
I got close to 6k in chips with about 5 people left and got aggressive. I was dominating the table and got cocky.
I ended up finishing in 4th, one spot shy of the money.

I have this habit of being over aggressive towards the end of tournaments. It's killing me. The next Dan Harrington book covers the latter parts of tournaments, so maybe I should get it and read it to improve my end game strategy.

My end game used to be better, because I'd stick to my overall strategy more. I think I need to get back to basics.

No comments: