Monday, October 22, 2007

Birds Part Deux

Played my second Railbirds NLHE freeroll.
Okay, technically I was in another last night, but I wanted to go to bed so I was all-in with any decent cards so I could bust out early.

Tonight I finished 183 out of 1,712.
I could have folded my way to the money, but I don't play for the minimum payout.

Final hand, I had an M of 8 with over 8k chips.
I made a 2k raise with 10/10.
The table leader (big blind) called.
Flop was 5/4/7 with two spades.
He checked.
I shoved all-in. He called with K/6.
He hit the K on the turn, busting me.
Dang.

Had I shoved all-in pre-flop, the correct move, he'd probably have folded.

The game, like yesterdays, was really soft. Very few continuation bets. My continuation bets almost always paid off.

Last night I had one suck out, which would have only cost 1/4 of my chips. Tonight I don't think I sucked out against anybody. I played the odds, bullied the weak, and trapped the aggressive.

I had a hot streak in the beginning and a dray streak after the first hour.
That is, I had 7,000 at the first break and 8,900 at the second break. (The average stack at the second break was 13k at the second break.)

No comments: