Thursday, October 11, 2007

Poker

Long time no post. I've been pokering more than ever. I'll post some of old emails in a bit.

Last night I got brutalized. I lost around 300 BB's, much of it due to making a *stupid* play with K/K. If I'd have shoved all-in pre-flop I'd be fine with losing it. But the flop was A/Q/Q and someone shoved all-in. Yeah, I had better than 3/1 odds to call, but I should have folded. I just couldn't get off the hand.

I played two tables at once and I'm not sure if it hurt me. It was my biggest loss in months.

Eventually I made 50bb's back at one table, then quit the second after a small come back there (the table had gone cold).

Then I hit a new table and managed to make 150 BB's there. So I didn't totally tank, and I'm up overall since yesterday morning.

Two hands I had fun with.

#1 A guy with a The Matrix avatar had $1.01 left and shoved all-in. Someone called.
I wrote, "Someone with a Matric avatar bet 101? How can he possibly lose?"
He won... of course. I mean, that's like calling "H4X0rZ's" 1337 bet in a tournament. You just don't do it.
(BTW, he had K/J so I made note of his aggression)

#2 With more than $2 to his name, I checked as BB with A/2.
The flop was A/A/Q, and I checked.
He shoved all-in.
I called.
The other cards were rags. The Matix guy had 6/7, a stone cold bluff.
The table had a good laugh at that.

No comments: