Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Full Tilt

I don't remember mentioning it but I lost my entire $9 bankroll (all earned without making a deposit) in a ring game on Full Tilt.
I played a big freeroll a few hours later, losing most of my stack to the eventual winner. I had Q/Q, he has A/Q. He shoved, I called, the flop was a blank, but the turn Aced him and I failed to one-outer the river. That crippled me, and made him a massive chip leader. He ended up winning something like $125.

I transferred $55 to a guy I know in PokerStars in exchange for $55 in Full Tilt. I've played a few low limit S&G's there. I'd normally start at the lowers limit S&G, but $1 + $.25 in rake feels like rape. The $2 games only have $.20 in rake, so I played those.

I think I played three S&G's the first night, cashing in the third, but finishing down for the day.

Last night I played two, finishing 2nd in a 9-player, and outright winning the 18-player game. So my bankroll is up a bit.

After cashing in that first game last night, I figured I'd quit ahead. My buddy said he was playing an 18-player game so I decided to join him to be sociable. I guess it was a good thing I did because I came in 1st. That game has given me some of my confidence back.

I think I'm going to take a break from playing on PokerStars for awhile. There are a few CardsChat Poker Forum events that I want to hit, but otherwise I'll play around with my tiny bankroll on Full Tilt.

No comments: