Monday, September 1, 2008

Belated update

Mentally, I just haven't been involved in a lot of my games lately. I'm too aggressive, watch TV while I play, and I gamble too much. I get in too many life-or-death decisions on coin flips, and really, at the level I play in those are not good moves, even favorable pot odds.

That is, if I think it's about 50/50, there's no reason to risk my tournament life even when I'm 55:45 on my money, because a more favorable situation is likely to come up. That is, the bad players are bound to give me better value on my money.

Here's my play, up until I started doing bad ($76.65 loss was the beginning of the slide, so the ones at the bottom are the oldest):


Then, the meltdown. I moved to $25NL a little mad and wanted to win back a lot to get back, which is always a huge mistake. I should only play to make the best out of my current table.
So anyway:


This does not show all the $ I've lost in S&G's and MTT's. I have no business playing MTT's, and I just can't concentrate that long at this point.

Since I have a low bankroll at FT, and because it's new, I've been giving Full Tilt some serious effort. I think I played two games that were questionable. One was an 18 player game that I didn't want to play (I ended up winning it though) and the other was a knock-out tournament, that I won $1 in bounties on (A/Ts > A/Qo) , but was KO'd 17/90. I think it was 90 anyway.

Anyway, Sharkscope and OfficialPokerRankings like me:




I think the Full Tilt games have given me a bit more confidence. Plus, I've lost enough on PokerStars lately that I'm starting to get a little scared. I had $1,200 at the last cash out, and it's slipped $7XX at the lowpoint.

My last 10 ring games:


Anyway, the BR is above $900 but I'd *like* to play smart and grind my way back to where I was. Maybe $1,500. I was making soooo much more $ before I lost my drive. It'd be nice to get that back. I don't care about the $. I've already cashed out a lot more than I've ever deposited. And I have no plans on ever spending the money that's in my account. I sorta see them as points, and I'd like to collect some so I can play better games.

No comments: