Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Last night was murder

I played four sessions last night. They were all brutal:


In both of my winning games, my biggest win was due to a bluff.
In the game I lost $19.75 in, I just couldn't hit anything. My biggest loss was a whopping $2.75 and I only had one win above $1 (a whopping $1.25). So yeah, it was disheartening, but no real intersting hands. I make my standard raises and c-bets, I hit nothing, and I get chased off a pot. Man, I must have looked fishy at that table. Not much I could do though.
In the $7.85 game, I *should* have lost $60 in that game alone. I think all my hand replays are from that game.

I turn top two. Would he call with a guy-shot?

I should have bet a little more on the flop, but he was calling anyway. Oh well. My bad play probably saved me $.50 or $1. Or maybe it would have chased him out and saved me a big chunk of money?

I miss and try to bluff, figuring he has TP/weak or 2nd pair.

Zoink!

So with my world crumbling down around me, everyone pushing me around, etc. I get suicidal. I knew I was beat. I was hoping he'd just fold but really, I didn't care if I lost. I was feeling self-destructive and shoved...

Zoink! I did to other people what they keep doing to me! (Well, in other games.) Runner-runner for the gut-shot! Beautiful!


Anyway, I think I should take a break from the tables tonight. Psychologically I'm not ready to play. Yeah, I ran cool, but I handled it like a newie and exacerbated the the cooler into a blizzard. It was only dumb luck that saved me from losing a ton.

No comments: