Monday, September 15, 2008

Back at $25NL 6-Max

I started playing $25NL 6-max again, and I'm starting to question why I ever left. Yeah, I know I was burned out and sick of the variance, but it is sooooo much more entertaining than FR.

I made one donkey play where I raised from early position with A/A, and was called by a tight player. I opened the rag flop, and he called. I checked the turn (putting a second 4 on the board) and he checked. I put $5 on the rag river, and he popped it up an additional $17.

I physically opened my mouth an uttered these words, "Why am I calling this? He obviously has me beat." Then I looked at his 12% VP$IP, nodded my head in agreement with my comment and clicked call anyway.


I am a tard. (It was sorta like the replay hand I posted here, but with no factors to justify the call)

I won a few more hands during that session and finished the session down only $18.40. Plus I won $10.55 at another table I was on at the same time. So I wasn't down a lot for the day. Still... it was a dumb-ass call.

Last night I tried three $2.20 satellites into the Sunday $200k. I basically play tight, and then it comes down to winning a coin flip at the end to take the $11t prize. The problem is that when I'm short, on the button, in an uncontested pot, with A/9, I'll shove and the SB or BB will always have A/dominator or T/T+.
I think that last game finally pushed my SharkScope stats into the red for tournaments.
Oh well.

No comments: