Sunday, June 28, 2009

Blah blah blah

I decided to tinker around with my small bankroll on FT.

I was dominating $10NL on UB... then bad stuff started happening.
Every time I went up against a short stack he'd murder the flop. I didn't hit a set all night. None of my OESD's hit. And flushes... phooey! I hit one, and I'll talk about it later.
I remember one hand where I had 7/7 told the screen "Okay 'm due for a set already!" Two others were in the pot with a Q/2/3 rainbow flop and the shorty checked, the big stack made a tiny raise, I called, and the shorty shoved (doh!). The shorty had Q/x and the big stack had A/Q. Of course, the turn and river were 7/7.

Anyway, I lost $16 at one table and won $8 at the other despite having my K/K and Q/Q folded to in the BB. Oh, and this...


Anyway, I went back a little later, played one table, won $12 really quick (thanks to a flush *finally* hitting). The dude called me with Ace/rag too, when he paired his Ace. I think he thought I was bluffing. Everyone else on UB calls down my bluffs, so it was nice to experience that behavior when I actually hit. :)

I played two tournaments on Full Tilt earlier today, and didn't do so well. I lost the CC tournament when someone limped UTG, I raised on the button with A/Q and he shoved on me. He had K/K. Typically that move means a small poket pair. I didn't expect the UTG limp with K/K in a CC game (the guy was an unknown).
Now, in the OFC game something similiar happened. A *tight* player limped UTG, I made heft raised on the button with K/Q, and he min-raised me back.
I folded that fast! I guarantee he had A/A.

Anyway, not the most successful of days.

No comments: