Wednesday, June 3, 2009

...played more.

I went back and played some more.
I got pummeled.
Pummeled.

I'm down $28 for the day now.


Bummer. Not much I can do there.

I'm 2:1 or so, all-in pre-flop.


I lost $16 in a hand with A/Q where a guy turn/rivered quad 10's.
He check/shoved the river and I folded. Then he turned over the pocket T's. Whew.

This one is interesting:

A short stacker pops in and posts a blind out of turn. I'd been pretty aggressive and pop it up from the small blind. The smart-player 3-bets me which I think he'd do with a pretty wide range so I'm willing to stack against him.
The evil short-stacker shoves, which doesn't mean much.
I'm happy getting it in vs what is probably A/K with the BB, so I limp, figuring I can bail if one of those two cards hits the flop.
I get shoved on, so I call.
I probably played it bad, but it was a weird situation.

Anyway... finished the night on a bummer.

2 comments:

Icemonkey9 said...

Hand 1:

- Your 3bet size was weak. It should be at least $4 there, and I probably would have made it $4.50. Flop of doom.

Hand 2:

- Standard

Hand 3:

- Weird raise size out of the SB. Usually you'd raise to $1.25 here (4x the BB plus 1 for the limper) and then sometimes add 1 more BB for being in the SB. So I would have raised to $1.50 rather than just $0.80.

- The 3bet out of the BB would concern me but it's just SOOOO weird that the early post/check player 4bet shoves. I might have hated to do this but I probably let it go because I fully expect the BB to call and JJ just ain't holding up 3 ways.

SavagePenguin said...

For the three bet, I believe that was early in the session so they didn't know my standard response and I didn't want to chase him off.
It did not work out well.

The $.80 open... I'd been experimenting with $.80 and $.85 opens with the idea that I can fold pre-flop cheaper. I didn't like what that measly $.20 was doing to the overall pot size though.