Saturday, October 23, 2010

Not quite a Rush

For the past nine days I've been playing the Take-2 promotion by getting points at a $25NL Rush table. On Tuesday I lost about 4.5 buy-ins. A buy in is $25. It wasn't fun. I flopped a set of 7's on an A/K/7 board; he had pocket Aces. Twice I flopped top two pair and got rivered by a bigger two pair. One time I got all-in pre-flop with Q\Q in the small blind vs the big blind who had K\K.
That's quite a deficit to come back from.

Today was the last day of the promotion. I finished with a $36.73 deficit. I'll be getting a $25 bonus for completing the promotion, so I'm down $11.73. I also paid $43.66 in rake, which I'll be getting 27% ($11.78) back from my rake-back affiliate (27%). So that means I have a $.05 profit!

I honestly LOL'd when I did the math. :)

If Full Tilt hadn't changed their Rakeback policy I'd have made a $3.78 profit. But oh well.

Team Series:

Once again I am a team captain for the CardsChat league. My teams normally have some pretty back luck, but this season my luck seems to have turned.

There are 9 teams of 5 players, and the games are each weekday. I have the same people playing each day of the week, for simplicity's sake. If we're in contention at the end of the season I might change things around, sitting out some players and giving others more games. Hopefully it won't come to that, but money-wise it's best for all of us. (The top teams get money at the end of the season. It cost us each $5 to play.)
Scoring:
Place Points
1 60
2 48
3 38
4 30
5 24
6 20
7 16
8 14
9 12


Were in week 3 of the 11 week season, and my team is tied for second place.

Notice how my team name has arrows that mocks the other teams?

Oh... if you'll notice there is an MVP race as well, and soooooooomebody is in the lead. :)

In the three weeks I played, I got 3rd in the first game, 1st in the second game, and 1st in the third game.

That Justfives guy plays Fridays with me. He won the first game, and came in 2nd place the next two. That means I beat him HU twice. We played HU (Heads Up) a lot, and I mean a whole lot!

Yesterdays game:
The entire game yesterday was 145 minutes.
We started HU @ 22:04 and ended at 22:54, so we were HU for 50 minutes!
HU and we had 131 hands.

Last Friday he and I played HU 20 minutes, for 42 hands, and I was raided by a pretty tight friend who told me mid-way through, "I don't know how you're still playing this. I'd have been shoving by now."

Anyway, I think I'm better heads up than the guy I keep tangling with, but in all fairness I've been getting more breaks than him. He is *not* apt to overplay so I have to adjust to that a bit, which makes the game last a bit longer. So I am more active and steal more, and have to wait to cold deck him, while making lay downs I wouldn't normally make.
I think I can read him pretty well. He can probably read me to a degree, but I'm more likely to switch things up.
Yadda yadda yadda... all said and done things went well for me.

Unfortunately, my team had a slow week this week, and #2, #3, & #7 in the MVP race are all on the same team so they have a significant lead.

Anyway, there are 8 weeks to go and weeks 6-9 are worth 1.5x more, and weeks 10 & 11 are worth 2x more. So we've just scratched the surface, but I'm really happy for now.

No comments: