Tuesday, July 22, 2008

In the bleh's right now.

Just got back from a week long vacation in L.A., my old stomping grounds. When I got there I had a "Whoah! There are a lot of thin people here!" moment that I remember having when moved East. Only, when I moved East it was more of a "Whoah! There are a lot of overweight people here!" moment.

I don't think the comparison was exactly fair because there's a big difference between the people you see on vacation (hiking, at the beach, etc.) and people you see about town and at Wal-Mart and such.

I played poker once during my trip. Well, one night, two S&G's. I played with a good player named Effexor pretty much just wanted to do better than him.

In the first 18 player game we both finished before the bubble.

In the second, at the break I got disconnected. Another guy I know at CC was disconnected as well. I was in L.A and he was in the San Francisco area but we both had the same connection issues. Comparing notes, there were a bunch of other sites we couldn't access as well, so it was some sort of West Coast DNS issue. Or maybe we had the same ISP and they had issues.

Anway, I was in 2nd place when I was disconnected and never got reconnected. Fortunately I *barely* made it past the bubble before being blinded out so I did cash. And unfortunately my friend was the bubble boy. Oh well.

I want to play in the local live charity game but I don't know when I can get a posse together.

Tonight... I think I'll play something online. I don't know what. My heart just isn't into playing.

Oh... last night I *did* play a $5NL FR game with some CardsChat.com folks. We added the 2/7 rule, meaning that if any of us won a pot with 2/7 (bluffing it down or winning it right out) all the other CC'ers at the table would give him $.15.
I made an early shove with A/A to represent the 7/2 and was called by A/2. I had $5.90 I think, and doubled up. :)

I finished the game down about $.50. I didn't take the game to seriously and pretty much donked off the winnings.

It was a fun game and I'd like to play it again. You just don't know when someone has A/A or 7/2. It's amazing.

No comments: