Monday, July 7, 2008

'Nother short session

I played a short, three-table session of $25NL. The tables seemed tighter than usual, and I assume this was so because we were in the final hours of Pokerstars' 2x FPP promotion. I think that promotion brought a lot of good people out of the woodwork to build up their points.

On a side note, instead of arranging the games by average pot, then going down the list and moving down the list and selecting the highest see-the-flop percentage, I tried arranging the tables by the see-the-flop percentages. I pretty much ignored the average pot size and just got the loosest table I could. In a $100NL video, ChuckTs did that, stating that he used to pick tables with my method but does it this way now because he figures he can bring the average post size up when he needs to. That made sense to me so I'll try that for awhile.

I decided it was quitting time and left 2/3 of my tables. I lost $.70 on one and won $5.70 on the other. I was all set to sit out the next hand on the third table when I got 8/8 UTG (under the gun). The table was tight and it was a good set mining hand so I made the standard raise.
the Big Blind called.
I put the guy on a pocket pair J/J-A/A so I decided to try to steal.
On the river, when I did the "I flopped a set so I shoved because I can no longer contain myself" move he let his time dwindle, then asked for more time. He let all but 2 seconds of his time bank count down before...

I chanted "Fold! Fold! Fold!" repeatedly until he finally did so.
I guess he believed that I flopped a set (rivering a full house) or flushed the river and he was able to make the laydown. WHEW!

So anyway, the final results of the night where:

I ended up playing one more round after I won that. Somehow it seemed rude to hit and run. I know I didn't owe anybody another round, but I still like to do that. Plus I think it made that one particular player twice as likely to call my shove in the near future. So if I happened to get mixed up with him, I'd have an advantage. But it never happened. I folded every hand after that. Oh well.

No comments: