Sunday, October 12, 2008

CardsChat Team Event #3

My daughter had a soccer game, but I have a head cold and sitting in the sun seemed like a bad idea, so I stayed in and played the CardsChat poker forum team event.

I didn't do as well as I hoped, but here are some interesting hands...

My teammate wins a nice one:


Neither of there two were on my team, but zoinks!


I had one big pocket pair the entire game:

I had J/J another hand, and took the blinds with it as well. That could have gone much worse I guess.

The trap. I'm the BB.:

That was my favorite hand of the night BTW.

Feh!

After this hand someone made a "Poor Penguin keeps getting drawn out on" comment, because I had been drawn out on the past several times I was involved in a pot.

And, a little bit later I'm out:


It wasn't a heartbreaking loss. He pot committed himself with those cards cards and he had plenty of outs.

I was pretty disappointed in my finish. I came in... I think 15/46. But I was aiming for at least a top 12. I just wish I could have contributed more. Certainly the head cold didn't help, nor did the uncooperative deck, but I just feel like I could have done things a little different to finish in the top 1/3. I mean I guess that's just one more place... but still... that's not enough.

No comments: