Friday, January 2, 2009

2009? Took long enough to get here.

I continued my bad streak at $50NL 6-max to finish the month at what I think is just below even. Personal off-the-table troubles tanked me.

I signed my divorce papers on New Years Eve. The night before... I couldn't sleep. I started fading into sleep at 3:00, when my daughter yelled "Daaaaaady! I wet the bed." She hasn't done that in a long time.
I was up at 6:45 because it was a work day.

On New Year's Eve I was asleep at about 8:45. Zzzzz...

I've been avoiding ring games because I felt that I would tilt off a significant chunk of my bankroll, but yesterday I let myself play some $25NL with a friend, and some $2NL with some people from the best poker forum.

I also let myself play some tournaments, as the potential loss is limited to the buy-in. It took two FPP satellites to get into a $10k guaranteed $10+$1 tournament, and I finished less than 200 from the money after shoving from the SB with A/Q and getting called by the BB who had A/J. J on the river.

I've been seeing a lot of lucky rivers lately. I played a $6 single table turbo last night and saw about 4 hands where someone inevitably cursed the river. I know won an all-in on the river for my tournament life. BTW, I ended up winning that tournament. Once we were HU, even though he had a 2:1 chip lead I thought I had a very good chance of winning.
Then I won a 60 40 to get about even, and I knew I was a big favorite to win.
I noticed that if I limped in the SB (on the button) he'd take that for weakness and play back hard. So when I was dealt A/Q I limped and he shoved. My A/Q crushed his A/6 and he was down to 40 chips.
He was automatically all-in the next hand and won that. Then the was all-in automatically the next hand as well, and my Q/6 beat his Q/9.
Cha-ching!

Anyway, I let myself play some $50NL 6-max today and did alright.

Two interesting hands:

Limping with A/A? Are you trying to build a small pot with a lot of callers?
I was worried that he might have a set. I didn't expect an over pair with a limp.

When I played the $2NL game yesterday I turned off the auto-rebuy and I'd forgotten to turn it back on. I was about to leave this table when I missed clicking "sit out." Then the guy on my left 4-bet me a second time and I was pretty sure he was full of it. I had questioned some of of his other plays, so I decided he was a target and I should sit around a few more rotations.

Ba-da-boom!

I'd be doing better if it wasn't for the there's-no-way-I-can-play-seriously CardsChat $2NL game. :)

No comments: