Thursday, January 22, 2009

Ring-a-ding

I let myself play a short 4-table session of ring games (only $25NL for now).
Finished with 34.26bb/100 despite this hand:

Of the five tables I played (one dried up so I dropped it and added another), that game was my only losing table (-$4.20). Could be worse.

I played two $7.50 "Step 1" S&G's. They are single table satellites where the top two players get a ticket to a "Step 2" game, 3rd place gets a ticket to another Step 1 game (free do-over) and 4th gets a pittance ($1.50). Step 2 gives two tickets to Step 3, two tickers to Step 2, and 1 ticket to Step 1. Step 3 pays two tickets to Step 4, and three tickets to Step 3. Yatta yatta... Step 6 pays a big fancy schmancy trip to the Bahamas or whatever.

Anyway, I bought into two games, got a Step 1 ticket in one, and lost the other. I used the ticket and got zilch from that. It was fun though.

I'll probably let myself play a couple more of these. It's potentially a lot of play for only $7.50, and there's a lot of endgame play, which I enjoy.

Anyway, I'm up for the day. I played fairly smart. I had very little tilt (opening UTG on my last hand of the night with A/6s simply because it was my last hand sticks out), and I found the fun Step satellites. So it was a good day.

No comments: