Tuesday, February 10, 2009

E-lec-trica-teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

After two weeks without power I am back on the grid!
Seeing my security light glowing as I pulled up the driveway was such a moral boost.

I still don't have the pipes fixed so I'm without water, so I'm spending one last night away from home. But tomorrow I am sooooooooo sleeping in my own bed.

I have some cleanup people coming tomorrow to hopefully fix the pipes and work on the flooring. I wouldn't be opposed to new carpeting in the living room, but we'll see what they can do.

Things are still incredibly busy at work, but I've got the "must haves" done, which is a relief.
But with what I have, I think I'll have my plate full until at least the end of the month.

As for poker...
I played a Step 2 game using my $27 ticket and was knocked out early. I got down to $600 of my $1,500 starter, and manager to get that back up to $1,600 but I was still the second person eliminated. Oh well.

Then I played a $20 Double-or-Nothing and won that. I was pretty aggressive, probably two aggressive. I got really lucky on the river twice to eliminate people (K/8 > K/J, and K/Q > A/Ks), and losing either of those would have left me in poor (but not necessarily disastrous) shape.

No comments: