Sunday, February 8, 2009

I had a winning day.

A bunch of us had a staking game where the winner played the Sunday Million, and kept 30% of whatever he won. And the people in 2nd and 3rd place played the Sunday $200k with the same split (I think).

The two who played the $200k went out without cashing, but the guy in the Sunday Million cashed $349.92. 7% of that is mine. That just about pays what I invested for the contest.

I also played a $20 Double or Nothing game on Stars. The play there was pretty much the same as the $10 DoN's I'm used to playing.
Here's the first hand of the DoN:


That pretty much guaranteed me the win. Well, I figured I was better than 75% to win at that point.

Later, I get Q/Q again and everyone's folding and I'm thinking, "I hope the small blind makes a move!"


So yeah, I went on to cash.

As for my off-the-table life...
I went home today to cut up trees. It was warm out, and I worked up a thirst. Unfortunately I had nothing to drink at home! I don't usually have sodas, and the water to my house was shut off. I guess the only thing in the house was my wife's wine and mixed drinks.

Anyway, I cleared the fallen trees around my deck to at least the fence line then called it a day pretty early (not that clearing the trees was easy). I guess I'll have a big burn pile some time.

After that I went to Wal-Mart and bought bottles of water and Gatorade and several cans of soup so I can eat'em for dinner. There's only a microwave where I'm staying.

No comments: