Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Kicking the rust off the o'l blog.

Long time no see.
I've been playing some nightly $2.20, 90-man tournaments with a $1 last-man-standing pool between some friends. I've wont the 90 player tournament once, cashed a second time, and last night I bubbled but won the $6 last-man-standing pool.

I played tonight and was out early. I'd put Lost on hold, so I was able to watch the rest of it.

After that I played two sessions of 2 $10 Double-or-Nothing (turbo) games.
I cashed on 3/4.

I *knew8 I was doomed on this hand when I saw that he flopped an open-ended straight draw. I just knew it.


But it held! Sweet.

The hand I lost with, I had something like $900 with $200 blinds and I shoved as the SB vs the $1,200 stacked BB, my 6/9 vs his K/J. I flopped the 6 which got my hopes up, but he Jacked the river. Oh well. That's poker. I made the right move.

So it was a good day in the end.

Oh, I played a really short one-table session of $50 NL 6-max. I won a few bucks. I was comfortable, though I felt myself slipping. I think I'd keep myself more honest with more tables.

I'm starting to get back into a solid routine in real life, so maybe I'll get serious about poker again. I mean, if I don't it's not a tragedy. As long as I'm enjoying it and it's not costing me $ I'm cool with whatever I do.

No comments: