Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Quick because it's late

I haven't posted in awhile.

I played my 10th $10 DoN game after my 9 game winning streak, and lost pretty bad.
Then I played a couple $20 DoN's after my perfect 5-for-5 record, and lost them both pretty bad.

Lately I've been playing some $2, $90 player S&G with friends. We have a $1 last longer bet that's netted me a couple $9 bonuses to my winnings. (I won one 90 player game outright, and got 6th in another which was a disappointing finish)

Um... what else. I had a pretty decent score in a CardsChat $5, $200 added game a few days ago. We cut a deal near the end where whoever won would agree to pay 3rd place enough to give him 2nd place money. I was in 2nd at the time, but honestly I think I had a substantial advantage, so the deal was more a matter of good will than variance.
I love love looooove short handed play.

Last night I got brutalized in a 90-player last longer game.
Tonight I made a mistake of better every street for half a stack against someone who looked weak. He was weak, with 2nd pair and a not-so-good kicker... but I was bluffing.
It was my bad. Play is terrible at the $2 level and I need to play a different game early on.
That loss of $1,000 in chips got me agitated and then I had what felt like a hundred missed draws which got me more agitated, eventually going out in 41'st... which is bad.

Oh, I also played a $10 DoN and had got sucked out on, raised the short stacked BB all in with 7/7 and he woke up with A/A (I made a 4 flush on the flop, but failed to connect and he rivered a full house), and then I lost to another suckout (K/9s < K/8o AIPF).

I know I shouldn't but I then played a $20 DoN.
I folded every hand up until about hand 18, where I raised UTG with the best hand I'd seen yet (K/Q). The guy on my left shoved on me. Ick. So I had to fold.
After that I folded every single hand until I was pot comitted in the BB. Seriosuly. The two loosest guys at the table were directly on my left, and they were also the only two big stacks. Every time I had a "I'll shove this" thought someone would beat me to the punch and I'd have to fold.
So it came down to me with $220 left after putting in my $200 BB. A fellow shorty (but not so short) shoved and I had my best hand of the night, A/Ks, which more than doubled me up.
Later I shoved from the button with A/J I think and was called by the BB's 4/4 and rivered my J. Whew! That put me 2nd in chips, and I just folded every hand for anothe round and a half before the short stack was all-in in the BB. I woke up with A/J again, and checked down my top pair FTW (for the win).

Anyway, I thought it would be another frustrating session but I got really lucky at the end and hit exactly when I needed to.

I have no plans for poker right now.
I'm still not back into the rings. I'm sorta getting the feel for tournaments again, and I'm enjoying how much play I get for the money invested. I'm also appreciating the kill or be killed nature of it. I like getting it all in, and I love the endgame.

No comments: