Friday, June 22, 2007

Full Tilt emails

Here's some emails I sent a bud. I mostly send them so I can look back at what I was doing.
I made a deal with myself that I wouldn't play the cash tournament unless I could get my Full Tilt account to 100,000 chips. Much of this deals with my attempts to hit the 100k mark.


May 21
This is a pretty hand.

Not a great Omaha hand, but it sure is pretty.

After that Omaha game I hit a 9 player Hold'em sit & go. I had pocket
Q/9 in 3 of the first 4 hands. I ended up getting second place, but
that was due to a couple suck outs on my part.
---------------------------------------------------------------
June 11
Blew 30-something thousand, my entire stack, on Full Tilt this evening.
Pocket aces getting cracked by a flush on the river, straight on the
turn getting beat by a bigger straight on the river, and there were
two other big beats that ended with river flushes but I forget the
details. Anyway, the people did *not* have the odds to chase their
flushes, but did, and I paid the price.

I worked my 1,000 welfare chips back up to 11k I think. So I'm not in
terrible position.

Went home last night and played.
---------------------------------------------------------------
June 13
Got back to 12k from 0.
I can't say that I earned it, as there was a lot of luck involved.

In the attached photo I was all-in after the flop, with a couple callers.
My flush blindness continues. I was too busy thinking "I bet I get
cracked by another straight."
Then all I could think of is "I know someone has a 10".
Then I saw the 10.
Then I got the chips! Sweet!

---------------------------------------------------------------
June 15
Up to 37k now on Full Tilt.
I just wanted to get up to 20k, but things worked out well.

I'm attaching my biggest hand of the night. Things worked out perfect.

I played a smart game, not getting myself in too much trouble. Not a
single pocket pair in the 1:45 minutes I played. I ended up folding
my best hand A/Q suited pre-flop to a bunch of all-ins, but
occasionally I'd draw to some nice hands.

We have a free preview of ESPN classic. I just finished watching the
end of the 2003 WSoP (Moneymaker) and am watching the 2004 now.

---------------------------------------------------------------
June 16
I played on Full Tilt this morning, two tables, maybe 40 minutes.
I'm up to 71k now.

I've been playing well, though I did gamble in my first hand on the
second table, going all-in pre-flop with A/K suited. A guy called
with A/T and hit his ten on the flop, though, I hit my flush on the
turn.

I like going all-in with a great hand when I first join a table, as
people think I'm an all-in-idiot and are apt to call just to look me
up.

I'm pretty sure that when I hit 100k, having met the "100k or no
tournament obligation" I imposed on myself, I'll go into spew mode and
blow all the chips.
---------------------------------------------------------------
June 16
Got back on. Bad beat my way down to around 50k before getting it up to 85k.
Then I got aces, and got squashed all-in pre-flop.
I had both of them covered, but it really hurt my chip stack.

Anyway, I'm at 71k, again. I figured I'd quit while I was even.

---------------------------------------------------------------
June 18
Played Full Tilt, didn't concentrate, and blew all my chips.
Once I put my 4-year-old daughter to bed I could concentrate, and worked my 1k starter up to 23k.
---------------------------------------------------------------
June 21
Have a 6:00 apt at work.
On Full Tilt now.
Kicking much ass.

---------------------------------------------------------------
June 22
I played two 5/10 tables and reloaded my $1k twice on each. But I ended up getting close to breaking even by the end.

Then I moved up to the 100/200 tables. I just couldn't get a hand. Lots of hands I'd make an opening 1,200 bet with (A/J suited) that would be worthless after a lousy flop followed by some bit bets and raises.

One time I got an Ace high flush, only to be beat by a guy who managed to get a straight flush.
Another time someone called my A/K 1,200 bet with 6/4, with an K/6/4 flop... and he was smart enough not to bet enough to chase me off.

Anyway, I was about to quit when I hit a hot streak. First I felted three people, then a couple hands later I felted a couple more.

After that I the good people feared me and I could actually steal some pots.

I said "last hand" and folded crap after someone raised on the river, but stayed to see what hand I'd get... A/K. Doh! Looks like I'd be playing one more hand.
So I bet, got top pair, and ended up losing to trips. It was only an 6k or 8k loss I think, but I wish I'd left when I said I would have.

No comments: