Sunday, June 24, 2007

Sunaday! Sunday! Sunday!

On Wednesday or Thursday, the last time I was on Full Tilt, I think I had around 74k, well on my way to hitting my 100k goal. I spent Friday night, all day Saturday, and most of today out of town with my wife.

I helped her run her art booth. During the slow times I studied Dan Harrington on Hold'em Volume II. I read the thing like a textbook before a final exam. I read one example/chapter at a time, slowly, making sure I understand the nuances. I only continue when I feel that I can give the next chapter/example my full concentration. So if I'm bored (so my attention will wane) or feel that I'll be distracted I will not continue reading.

When I got home this evening my mother-in-law dropped off our 4 year old, and when she fell asleep I started playing Full Tilt. I noticed that when my daughter is awake I don't do nearly as well. I can pretty much only concentrate enough to play my cards, not the players.

I started playing two 10/20 table games. I had to rebuy in one, but finished the other at around 2,400. I think I ended up with 1,500 in the game I rebought in.
The game was slow, but I was pretty sure that I wouldn't donk-off my chips so I entered the 100/200 table games.

Like I said, I think I started with about 74k and probably had around 75k going in to the 100/200 games. Both tables were really tight. I slow played a few hands, but still didn't get a lot of action.

Quads and nobody called my small bet on the river.

The very next hand...

Min bet with trips and the schmucks all bailed.

The most anybody put in this game was a 2,400 all-in a donkey made, and I called with my A/Q suited. He had K/Q off, and failed to hit his King. Somehow he failed to his a straight too. Weird.

The games were really tight, so I to make occasional, well-timed bluffs. I didn't win any monster pots but made a steady profit throughout the games.

But did I make enough to hit my 100k goal?


Now, after I took that screencap I quit one game, and played another until just before I'd have to post a big blind. I folded about five hands in a row. Of course, the last hand I had A/J suited and had to bail after investing around 2k and getting re-raised. I'm glad I folded, because both the two remaining players had the pair of Jack I flopped beat with a Kings. So now I'm down to 101k. But I just had to be above 100k at any point, and I was (and still am) so... VICTORY!

Oh yeah... I just wanted to say that Dan Harrington's book is awesome. It started out with stuff I already knew, but now... wow.

I can't wait for the poker game this Thursday. If I don't get the final table I'll be disappointed.

No comments: