Sunday, June 8, 2008

$50NL kicking my booty

I think I need to move back down to $25NL, as I'm not having a good run at $50NL, and I'm uncomfortable with my losses.

It's a mix of bad luck (nobody calling when I have A/A or K/K, never flopping a set, etc.), cold decks (A/K against a small stack on an K/Q/2 flop when he had Q/Q), and tilt.

I'm bluffing too much and am way too aggressive, which is suicide. Basically, I'm playing my 6-max game at FR and am getting punished for my stupidity.

Anyway, I want to make up my losses, plus interest, before moving back to $50NL.

I find concentrating to be difficult lately. I'm concentrating more in the tournament games. So maybe I should play more of them? I just hate the variance. I won my last satellite, but the one before that I was a few away from the money, with a short stack, all-in good, and the guy hit his two outer to knock me out. It was the right play on his par, but that win would have locked a payout for me.

Then in last Thursday's CardsChat event I was knocked out in 7th, when it paid to 5th place. Had I won that hand, I'd have had an enormous chip lead:


That loss cost me at least $33, and probably more.

I should note that a K/K vs A/A suckout (in my favor) doubled me up early in the game.
I actually almost folded the K/K, as I had him on A/A. I don't think he'd act that way with Q/Q. So I made a bad call, but it turned out right.

No comments: