Sunday, June 22, 2008

Doing OK in tournaments

There was a CardsChat money-added game on PokerStars today. I didn't know if I'd play. I thought it was $10+$1 (the normal Sunday stake) and don't like playing tournaments that high, so I decided to play a $2.20 satellite to the Sunday $100k. If I won I'd cash out and use the $11T to play.

I won the $11T without really thinking about it. The only memorable hand was the last one, when a micro stack was all-in. I had Q/Q and planned on checking every hand so the other players could help me take him out. There were to callers with three T's on the board when one of the bigger stacks shoved.
Ugh.
That took some thought. I had plenty of chips if I made the call and lost, and people make *stupid* moves at the end, so I called in case he was trying to bluff me with his missed A/K.
Thankfully he had the T and knocked out the micro stack, putting us all in the money and ending the game.

Then I noticed that the CC game was only $5.50. Sweet!

During the tournament I knocked out the guy who had a $5 bounty on his head. Sweet!

Then I got 3rd place which pays $29.60. Sweet! (I was chip leader when I hit the final table, but was very low on chips and almost went out in 6th before rallying.)

The money added was $20.

So in all, my $2.20 investment got me $49.60, with $5.50T left over. $55.10 in playable monies!

I find that ROI acceptable.

I didn't play anything else the rest of the day. I guess I didn't want to ruin my good streak. I did rail a few CC'ers while watching TV to pass the time.

No comments: