Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Not so bad today

Didn't do so well yesterday. Lost on all three tables.
Check me out trying to steal me some blinds, c-betting, then turning the gut shot straight:

I was really disappointed with this hand. I thought, "Oh crud he has a full house!" as soon as I put all my chips in. But a guy I respect (ChuckTs) who's spent a lot of time at this level said it was a cooler... so that makes me feel a lot better.

Tonight...
I hit the tables with a better demeanor. I was prepared to sit out and just blind off, or lose legitimately. I wasn't fighting for chips or trying to steal when I lacked information on players.

I played three tables. Lost $4.20 on one, won $14.35 & $15.85 on the other.
Played a total of 133 hands over 41 minutes.

Earlier I hit a $6.30, 36 player (I think) turbo S&G. It paid 5 places. I went out in 8th.

I like my tournament game lately. I'm starting to consider myself a tournament player, as my ring game life has sort of stalled and I'm having some success at tournaments.

I think I've been less patient recently, so tournaments are fitting me better.

Anyway, I've been staying up too late recently. I *wanted* to be in bed early tonight (which is midnight for me), but it didn't work out that way.

No comments: