Wednesday, May 14, 2008

100% Victory

I really think I have this satellite S&G figured out. If you can double up twice you're pretty much guaranteed a victory if you just sit back and wait. People make *terrible* decisions when their goal should just be to survive.

Last night, just before the full final table (6 places win a ticket, 7th gets a $6) three short stacks went all-in on each other. I was short myself but I insta-folded my A/Qs. They had A/J, Q/J, and T/T. The T/T won, knocking the other two out.

At the final table, on the prize bubble ($6 already guaranteed), someone who had almost exactly 1.5 BB's more than me (I was the shortest stack with an M of less than 2!) shoved with A/J UTG. He was such a short stack, of course he was going to get called. He was eliminated and I got my $11 T$. That shove cost him $5. Had he just waited, I'd have had to have gotten really lucky over the next 10 or so hands to beat him.

So anyway, I did well in the only game I played.

Not sure what I'll do tonight. I'm tickled by my success in the satellite S&G's, so I'll probably play more. Not sure if I'll hit any ring games.

Profit hasn't really been a concern lately. I'm making one, but it's not the goal right now. I'd be fine if I was losing.

Correction... I think that if I was losing I'd develop a problem with it and get back to ultra-serious mode.

But right now I'm just tinkering around, making a few bucks here and there.

Maybe I'll hit my Full Tilt account? I'd like to turn my $10 there into something bigger, so I can help represent CC in the forum challenges this June.

No comments: