Monday, May 5, 2008

I'm semi-active on CardsChat.com. One of the big members, a guy who's games and posts I have a lot of respect for, celebrated his 10,000th post by holding a tournament. The entrants transferred him $1 which he put on his own head as a bounty, along with additional $10.
So knocking him out was a big deal.

Sunday morning, the day of the tournament, I was trying to build my $5 bankroll on Full Tilt (I've never made a deposit on the site BTW. I won $2 in freerolls and build that through conservative ring play) when I was disconnected from the Internet.

I tried my telephone and the line was out.

Being a computer technician, I deal with phone issues on occasion so I went to the box outside and hooked up a phone. No dial-tone there either. That means that it's the phone company's fault.

I called the phone company and they promised to have it fixes tomorrow. YIPE!

I could hear crackling on the line, which sounded like they were working on it, and sure enough a 90 minutes later is was up and going.

I played the tournament at 4:30 but 40 minutes in the line went out!

I jumped into my car and drove to work. I was able to sit down and play a few rounds and then we hit the first break. I was also pleased to see that ChuckTs, the guy with the bounty, had moved to my table.

Some time after play resumed ChuckTs raised from UTG. This means that he has a big hand. I had K/K, so I gleafully shoved, pretty confident that he'd call I was low on chips so I figured he'd call with J/J+ or A/Q+. Really, the only hand I didn't have crushed was A/A.
He called with A/K! I was better than a 2/1 favorite!
The flop was K/r/r! That gave him a 0.30% shot. That's 1/333! He could only win with running aces!
I squealed with glee!

Sure enough:


Assuming I wasn't going get in the money, I can't think of a better way to go out. I got in with the best of it, I got to see a fabulous train wreck, I have something beautiful to complain about, and all my chips went to the one guy who I would have been glad to give them to.

That was one of the few times where fate kicked me in the nuts and I LOL'd.

I wish ChuckTs went on to win, but he didn't even finish in the money. Oh well.

Later a bunch of CC'ers played a $25 FR that I birded. I eventually sat in... just as everyone was leaving. I wish I got in earlier. :( I made something like $16 in the half hour or whatever it was I played.

After that I was able to rail another CC'r, which was cool. He kept me updated on MSN.

Later at night I watched Ngreanu and Greenstein play a high stakes FR HORSE game. I'm not a HORSE fan, so I lost interest fairly quickly, but I kept going back to watch.

So really, I didn't play much poker yesterday.

Oh... I finally released my $100 bonus the other day. I need to cash out the $100 I deposited, becuase I prefer to just have winnings in my account.

I'm rolled for $50 rings, and have been for awhile, I'njust have trouble taking the leap. I think I'll do it after my daughter's birthday.

No comments: