Wednesday, May 7, 2008

AA v KK

Last night I checked out my PokerTracker ring game stats to see how often my A/A lost to K/K.

I couldn't find an easy way of seeing this stat, so I just went though every A/A hand I had (170 of them out of 39,433 hands) and looked at the hands where I won or lost at least $10.
(Yes I know this totally discounts when short stacks have KK, and most of my $.01/$.02 play)

Anyway, in these pots my A/A was up against K/K three times, and I lost all three times.

Ouch!

A/A is still my biggest money maker, and its win rate is nearly 5% higher for me than K/K. I also know that this sample size discounts most of my $.01/$.02 hands and plays against short stacks, and that over the course of a million hands I'll probably crush K/K 8/1.

Lately... I keep trying to grind, getting a lot of small wins, but I keep losing the big hands. It's a cooler, but I do know I'm also making some questionable plays as well, so I could decrease my losses. If I four-table I'll usually win a good amount on one, win small amounts on two others, and get totally pummeled on the fourth... enough to end the night in the red.

I've been playing less and observing (videos and posts on CardsChat.com) more but when I do play it still seems to train wreck on me.

Oh well. I know this will pass.
I'll be moving up limits soon, assuming I don't lose too much in the next couple weeks, and when I do maybe that'll switch things up.

No comments: