Saturday, November 1, 2008

Craptacular donkitude

I had a bad day Monday, and haven't hit the rings since then. (Today is Saturday)
I just wasn't mentally set to play, and donked off over three buy-ins.

Pre-flop I'm OK, but post flop... I stacked like a noob with my weak overpair. I thought he had A/Ks. Oh well.


Jack-Jack on a different table:

Not much I could do different there. I guess I could have charged him more to draw.

This is the next hand at the same table:


I suck, but at least I bail without stacking.


Same table. Same over-aggressive guy.
I make a steam-shove figuring it's a coin flip.


Anyway, I deserved much of the beating I got.
Add a lot of hands where I go up against a short stack and call shoves with nice hands only to lose with a slightly smaller kicker and you have my night.

So here's my session update:


Since then I've been playing tournaments. I finally won a $2.20 satellite to the Sunday $200k (after a huuuuuge cold streak).

I played 4 $10 double-or-nothing games, winning 3 and losing the 4th to a river draw-out. That made me like those games.

Last night I played 4... Ugh! The short stacks kept getting in bad and doubling up. And people making terrible moves kept getting rewarded for them.

The seventh hand of the tournament and a player on my right shoves for the third time pre-flop. I call, as does a short stack:


Notice how many chips I have left? ^

A bit later she shoves pre-flop again and the better hand holds:

Whew!

I wasn't involved in this hand, but she shoves pre-flop again:

Sick.

I got knocked out when she shoved, I called with A/J, and someone called. She had A/J as well, and the caller had K/T (WTF?) and hit his T.

The one tournament that I did win, I shoved with Q/Q and was called by the SB who had K/K. Luckily a lady showed up on the turn and I was saved.

No comments: