Sunday, November 2, 2008

Live tourney last night

I went to my friend's family's tournament. We only had enough player for two tables this time.

I became the chip leader on hand #1, when my 6/6 flopped a set which turned into a full house on the turn. Something like three people kept calling me, and nobody even made trips. One old guy who called me had Queen high. QUEEN HIGH?!?!

I didn't win a hand after that for about a half an hour. Well, I played one or two hands to the flop, never hit, had my continuation bet called, and then check/folded.

I was moved to the bad table sometime during that dry period. My table was really juicy, and the table I was at was substantially harder. But luckily I had pretty good position.

I had 6/6 again (on the button I think), and mucked it when a good player opened from early position. He showed A/Q. Yeah I had an advantage (card-wise and position-wise), but chances are there were going to be better chances for easier money so why take the chance? Besides, he'd c-bet any flop and wouldn't pay off my set if I hit so it was a tough spot.

The next hand I played to the river was 6/6, that hit a 6 on the river to make another full house. It paid nicely, but I wasn't getting rich by any means.

This was a wild hand. I'm guessing about a the chip stacks and positions, but here's how a hand played out. Sickest hand I've seen in a long time. I tried doing it through PokerHandReplays but I screwed something up and it didn't play right:
Seat 1: Chris (1200 in chips)
Seat 2: Stephen (2035 in chips)
Seat 3: Oldie (1850 in chips)
Seat 4: Me (1500 in chips)
Seat 5: Someoneelse (900 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 6: Uncle (700 in chips)
Someoneelse: posts small blind 50
Uncle: posts big blind 100
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Me [Jd 6c]
Chris: bets 300
Stephen: folds
Me: folds
Someoneelse: raises 600 to 900 and is all-in
Uncle: calls 400 and is all-in
Chris: calls 600
*** FLOP *** [Ks 9d 6h]
*** TURN *** [Ks 9d 6h] [2d]
*** RIVER *** [Ks 9d 6h 2d] [Ah]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Chris: shows [Ad As] (three of a kind, Aces)
Someoneelse: shows [9s 9c] (three of a kind, nines)
Uncle: shows [Kd Kh] (three of a kind, Kings)
Chris collected 2500 from pot

I didn't really get anything good until the final table. Well, nothing great. I think my only pocket pairs were the sixes, but I had K/Q and A/T which seemed like gold. They were so much better than what I had been getting.

I remember being a short stack and seeing a woman look really weak and limp UTG. There was one caller. Plenty of money in the pot, I had A/2s, so I shoved.
She folded, the second guy called called with Q/J or something like that. The flop were rags and I turned an Ace to lock it up.
The lady said that she had me beat, so I assume it had something like A/6.

My friend Chris went out in third, leaving me heads up with the chip leader.
He may have been chip leader, I had a substantial advantage. I figure I was 60% to win.

When I became chip leader I offered a split and he accepted. It was getting late and I won the thing last time so I thought it was a gracious thing to do.
I didn't really like being a guest who pops in and keeps winning the thing.

So I split 1st/2nd and got pretty good chunk of money and I'm happy.

Oh... while waiting for Chris to arrive to drive me up to the game, I played a couple $5 double-or-nothing tournaments, winning both. So was 100% yesterday. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good good good......