Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Slight meltdown last night

I'll try to keep this short and sweet.

I played a $10 +$1 27-player S&G and though I had chips I lost bluffing a guy on every street. He had 8/4s, no pair or straight draw, and called me to the river... which gave him his third spade.
So he went from chip leader, to mega-chip leader, and I went to losertown.

I played two $50NL 6-max tables. I had a couple beers earlier, and majorly tilted. I remember making a $22 bluff into a $30 pot which I took down. I showed the K/J (no pair) to encourage more action.
Everyone was eager to play into me.
I got stacked when, kept calling a guy down on a K/9/2 rainbow flop with my 8/8. Then on the river I hit my third 8. I stacked, he called. Ends up that rivered set gave him a flush. (Stupid me). Poof... down $60.

On the other table I lost $20'ish. I remember making a $15 bluff which I got shoved on and had to fold.

Anyway, I played terribly and turned what should have been a $30 losing night into an $90 losing session.

I'm a lot better than that. I'll be at a charity game tomorrow night, so I might just not play tonight to get my head back where it needs to be.
Or not.
I don't know.

No comments: