Friday, November 14, 2008

Not so good night

I hit a live tournament last night. I think I limped in from the SB once during the first 30 minutes.

Then I had A/Qo and opened to 4 BB's, getting called from the conservative player on my left.

The flop was 2/3/5 off-suit, not very scary. I made a c-bet and was called. I figured he had something like 8/8, or Ace/face.

The turn was a 4, giving me the wheel.
I checked, he bet, I called.

The river was a Q. I checked, he bet.
I said, "I think we have the same hand" and reluctantly called.

He showed 6/6... the only hand the could have logically had that had me beat. :(

I went from 900 chips to 300 in chips, but managed to get up to 450 via an 8/8 hand .

I pretty much had to fold every hand after that. Nothing but A/3'sh hands UTG, and absolute rubbish in position. I had a couple hands that I planned on making moves with (K/Ts in position) I guess, but there were always a couple people in the pot before me, and they'd have been pot committed to call, so my K/Ts was essentially rubbish.

Eventually I was back to 300 in chips with 100/200 blinds.
I was desperate to find an opportunity to shove but it never came. When the BB hit me I went all-in in the dark. Three people went into the pot.

I had 4/2.

Game over.


My friend ended up just breaking the bubble for 6th place, which was cool.

When I got home I played a little bit online. PokerTracker had me playing two sessions at $10NL FR, and I was down two buy-ins. Being a neatness freak I decided to play and try to wrok my way back to green for that level.

Well... I played three games. I lost $2.50 on one table. I won $4 on another (I bluffed on the river with a pocket second pair, $3 into a $4 pot, and was called by an A/K who had no pair!).

On the third table... not so good.
Two times I lost $7 when the river hit a T to beat me. The first time it was a 4 outer, and the second time it was a 2 outer. :(

So, I lost $14 at that table, making me down over a buy-in for the night.

Deeper in the hole at a game/level I don't really like playing. :(

No comments: