Monday, November 17, 2008

Double-or-nothing

I figure one needs to cash in 55% of the double-or nothing games to stay profitable.
100 games at $10.80 = $1,080 in entry fees. At $20 per cash, that's 1080/20, for 54 wins to break even.

I play two games at a time. I've only lost both games once.
When I lose 1 of the 2, it feels like a loss. I'm out $1.60, and it makes me eager to play a couple more games to get a double-win session.

I've been doing well. I've been playing two a night, and cashed in 5 of my last 6.

Jack-Jack Attack! (aka, LOL)

PokerHandReplays messed up the payout. We split the side pot, for something like a $130 loss each.

Early in the game. How would *you* have played this?

Basically, if I'm not willing to re-raise I'm not willing to play. Especially not out of position. This game is not about collecting chips, it's about surviving. Having $5k chips at the end pays as much as having $500 chips. So A/T is easily mucked in early position.
A/8 UTG, dude? wha You earned that loss.

Out-of-position callers with junk. He plays bad, and I nut the river:


Really, dude? Really? In worst position?


I had taken the blinds several times in this position. The guy immediately on my left was also playing in my other game (where he was immediately on my right). He had his SuperNova stars showing, and was sitting at 8 or so Limit Hold'em tables as well.
I had chips so the call wouldn't cripple me, and since I figured he didn't put me on much I was way ahead of his range.


I'm shoving here, like never. Against *one* player it's at best a coin flip. And you *cannot* be profitable in these game if you stack on coin flips.

Ends up I would have busted two players, but it would have been a win due to a bad play. I stand behind my decision.

I had a lot of Aces last night. Didn't win a lot with them.... But I had them, which was nice.


An early raise, and I'm the BB. I'm hoping he has a hand. From him an early raise means strength, and I'm the short stack in the BB so that gives me less credibility.


The bubble, I look at my hand and say a little thank you to God:

No comments: