Friday, April 17, 2009

Bleh

I haven't written in awhile. Let's see...

On Saturday I played my friend's family's tournament and came in 2nd. It was smaller than average so it only paid $80.
I got head's up with my friend's dad. Early on I turned two pair (he was all-in) and that turn gave his unpaired cards a gut-shot, which he rivered. Doh!
We had maybe 7 all-ins, tying once, and the short stack winning all but the last one.
He won the last one. :( I think I had A/7 and he had A/T or something.

When I went home it was past midnight so I played a couple ring games to get my final point to unlock the additional $20.
It was brutal.
On one table I had a marginal profit. On the other, these two guys kept three-betting me. Every time I bet they three-bet me, and it tilted me.

I lost $100 and rebought for $100.
I had 8/8 and raised, got three-bet, and called. The flop had all unders. He bet, I called.
The turn was junk, he bet, I called.
The river was a three. That put 2/3/4/6/7 on the board I think. He bet, and I shoved.
He called.
He had 3/3, for a rivered set.
Doh!
-$200 for the night.

So despite the bonuses, I think I'd down $35 because I tried to unlock the bonus. Really, had I not had the tilt-fest, giving away $200, it'd have been +EV. Oh well.

Oh... I played a live game last night.
It was frustrating. Early on (hand #1) there were two limpers and I had A/4s in the BB.
The flop was A/Q/x. I raised, one lady called, and the other folded.
The turn was an X. I raised, she called.
The river was a Q. I checked, she raised, I folded.
I lost $180 of my $1,000 stack that hand.
I figured that she was either calling me down with Q/x because she didn't believe that I had an Ace, or she had an Ace, in which case I was most likely out-kicked.

I limped in a few hands with draws (8/8 with three limpers, A/x suited on the button, etc.) but didn't win a single hand.

Close to the break I was down to 460 chips with 40/80 blinds. The two players on my left were talking to each other about how they were both short (~500-600 chips and needed to double up soon).
UTG+1 I looked down to see Q/Q. I bet more than half my stack, $300. Now, online that'd look way suspicious at this live game I don't give people credit for paying attention and I wanted to be able to shove any flop and get called with anything.
The guy two seats to my left shoved his ~$600 in, and everybody else folded.
He turned over vowels. :(

My friend was doing well in chips, but not too long after the break he had A/K and raised. Someone called. The flop was K/T/T and he shoved. The guy called with his Q/T.
Game over, and we both went home early.

I didn't play online last night. I probably will hit an online tournant tonight.
I'd wanted to make Silverstar this month but it's not going to happen. I'm just not playing much.

No comments: