Saturday, April 18, 2009

MTT

I played a $2.20 MTT with friends at CardsChat. 12 of us put $1 into a pool, which the last player standing takes.

3 of us cashed, but I won the last player standing pool finishing 37th out of 2,745 entrants.

The sick part? I paid $2.20 to play, played for nearly five and a half hours, did better than 2,708 players, and was paid $9.89. That's $7.69 for, or about $.72 per hour.

That doesn't count the $12 I got from the pool ($11 profit).
The other two people who cashed were paid $3.84. Of course, they spent $2.20 for entry and $1 for the last man standing pool and four and 4:30 or whatever playing.

Anyway, I thought I'd post some interesting hands, though they're only going to be interesting to me.

Yay to yuck to doh to whew:

The guy was obviously a tard making a bet like that. Two pair is *nothing* on that board.


Late in the game, near the bubble, I get a dream hand. I totally expected a call, but...

After that he wrote "I am so stupid" in the chat.

The very next hand:

After that he quoted himself.

I told him that we were just about on the bubble and that he might cash. Despite this subtle warning he shoved two hands later with junk and lost. The first paying spot was something like 396th and after a long pause (as PokerStars calculated who finished where) he finished 396th. Lucky!

Woot:


My downfall wasn't too painful. My raises kept getting shoved on so I'd have to fold which whittled me down. Then I got all in with 9/9 vs someone's A/K and lost. Oh well, that's the game.

No comments: