Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Post #199

The LMS (last man standing) game yesterday was a turbo, as per my suggestion. Unfortunately I joined a freeroll at 8:00 and decided to VPIP every hand, so I was distracted and missed the announcement to register for it. So I missed it.
The 90 player games fill in about twelve minutes. This 180 player game filled in 6 minutes. Cripes! I guess the turbos are popular.

I felt like playing so I pulled up two $10 DoN's.
On hand #1 I was dealt A/Js on the button and called a min-raise with a caller. 4 of us in the pot.
The flop was J/9/3. It was checked to me, I bet, and one guy called.
The turn was a 5. He checked, I checked.
The river was a 7. He bet, I called.
He had Q/Q.
I'm down $600, so I go from $1,500 to $900 on hand #1.

On the other table the same sort of thing happens. This time I have J/J and he has 6/9. The flop was 6/9/9.
There was a missed staight and missed flush draw on the river, so I was more apt to call. :( So I was down to $500'ish on that table.

A bit later at that second table I was down to $400 in late position, so I shoved with A/6s and the SB had A/A, to knock me out.

On the first table, I got low and shoved on the button with A/3s. The BB called with A/5o. It looked like we were going to split, until a 4 hit the river. Weee! $1,400 pot put me back in it.
The very next hand I had J/J. I shove, and the same guy calls with T/2 suited. He flops a T but I end up making a straight (not that I needed it) to knock him out.

The guy four seats to my right was up to 3,600 chips at one point, but he was in way too many pots. I saw him tangle with the chip leader several times when he didn't need to. Really, with 3,600 that late in the game he could have folded to the money.
He ended up being the bubble boy, and it was a much deserved loss.

So 2x $10.40 in buy-ins = $40.80
One win at $40 = $40
Loss of $.80
Could be worse.

I've abandoned my attempt to achieve SilverStar status this year. The Full Tilt thing distracted me, and I'm more entertained by tournament right now.
Playing rings without a drive is dangerous.

No comments: