Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Feb 18

Playing 2k games this morning.
Lost the first out of the money when my all-in QQ failed to beat a caller's 88... pre-flop.
Got 2nd place in the second game. Last had was my KQ all-in pre-flop vs his A2. He hit the ace. (He's been all-inning every hand since we were heads up)

Went out early last game when my JJ failed against another guy's 88, pre-flop again. Ugh.

At least I'm not losing with totally crappy decisions.

Just started another 2k game. The play is a lot better. I like the 9 player games, because I can concentrate (and don't have to play super-conservative as long). This one's 18 players. I'm doing it because of the bigger payout.

------------

Got 2nd place in that last 2k game. Disappointingly, I didn't win a single hand until I took out the guy in 4th place!

I'm starting to think that 2k play is only marginally better than 250 play.

Poker After Dark this week had the announcers from various shows play (thank goodness the annoying Poker After Dark announcer wasn't in). I thought it was interesting some of the rules they had to go by. Like, on Poker Superstars if Lederer says, "he got his money in good" they have to re-record that part because he can't say "money." He has to say "chips." Some of the other guys can't say "gamble."

I've been told it's hard to make any money in them, but today I started playing in cash games. The buy-in is $1,000 max, and the play is just as wild than the tournaments. I like how that once you have a nice stack of chips, few (if any) can put you all-in. Of course, when you enter the game you only have 1,000 and others have 5x that. So there is an advantage to sticking in the game awhile.
Since the big blind is remains at 10 chips you're never pressured to play, but if you make a 100 raise pretty much anyone who would have called 10 is going to call.

Oh... I just (now) changed the the multi-colored suites. I hate to say it, but I like it.
* * * *
hours go by...
* * * *

I got up to 18k in the cash game before quitting. That's a 17k profit.
I'm in a new cash game now... Was a folding machine, very dull, until I got AJ and ended up with triple A's.
The next hand I had AJ again, and made quad-Jacks, so I'm doing well in this game as well.

No comments: