Tuesday, March 6, 2007

March 5, 2007

I'm been spewing chips like crazy. I've lost 20k or so. I suck.
I did get an $18k prize in a tournament last night, but I'm still way down.

I have a hard time playing seriously, and I'm not getting called like I once was. I think it;s because I'm playing in later games, with better players.
I had A/A last night, went all-in pre-flop, and only had one called. He had K/K. Or I'll get A/Q quited, go all-in, and get no callers.

I think if I can hit a lunch game again I'll get back on track.

----------------------------

The streak of spewage is over.

After work I played a 100/200 cash game. I lost a lot, but saw that there was money to be made. That game had the best payoff to risk ratio I've seen yet.

When I got home I played in two games, and used the maximum 20k buy-in. In the second game I couldn't buy the full $20k because I'd spewed so much the last several days.

Anyway I decided to play solid this evening, but I lost thousands the first fifteen minutes. I checked my account and had $32k total at one point. That's down from $70k or whatever I had in the account last week.

Then things went my way. Fifteen minutes later I had $87k. That's when I quit.

I'll probably login later tonight and spew another $37 of it back (I won't go below $50) in an attempt to get $100k, but it's still good to feel back on track when I make a solid effort.

I'd love to figure out a way to transfer the $100k from my old account to my SavagePenguin account. The best way I see to do that is to get my SavagePenguin account up to $100,000 then play a $100k heads up sit & go against myself. I'd need two PC's with the software though, and I'd have to do it quick before (heaven forbid) someone entered the game when one account signs up, but before the other did.

-----------------------

It's night. I played and folded folded folded forever.
When I'd get down to 18,500 I'd rebuy back to 20k.

I ended up winning one huge hand to put me at 106k (total... not for the game).
I played another round and lost $1k before retiring for the night. But I still have more in my SavagePenguin account than I do in my old account. From my low point to my high point today I made over $70k. Not bad. I knew that those games had a good payoff rate!

-----------------

I like the 100/200 chip cash games. I stumbled on them on a whim after work, before leaving for home. I figured I'd hit the higher stakes games to force myself to pay attention more. I also figured that if I was a loser, at least I'd spew it *all* away. I was at the point where losing it all would be about as satisfying as fiddling with a scab until it comes off.

I think playing the 100/200 games is good for two reasons:

#1 I'm an incredibly different player if there's no risk, and losing $20k of hard won chips is significant. Losing $2k in bits is nothing, but $20k in one game stings, so I put some effort into it.

#2 When I enter a 100/200 game and get the maximum $20k in chips, I'm often one of the chip leaders. People enter that game with odd amounts like $8k. I think a lot of them go there looking to double up. Having a chip lead is an advantage.

I'm a bit cautious though. Today I made an effort to play the games as early as possible. Later in the night, when tables are hard to get, people play much better. I don't think I'd do half as well at 10:00pm Eastern.

No comments: