Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Feb 20, 2007

Popped in for a little bit at lunch today.
I *had* about 46k in the bank when I started.
15 minutes of play changed that. 75k in the bank, baby!

I was at a point where I was hoping to make $1k more to hit 60k before quitting. The game I was in was so loose that I don't think it was possible for me to win just that much (meaning I'd have to risk a significant amount of chips) so I was debating on whether or not to quit and re-enter the game with just $1k.
I decided to play low suited connectors (3/4) for $20 and the flop was 3/4/T. A guy bet $1k at that point so I went all-in. We were about even in chips, but he called with TQ.
No queen hit so I doubled up, putting me at a nice even $75k. That number is so even I might not even play awhile (Wednesday's Lost, and Thursday's Survivor, so if I find something on TV tonight I might not login).

I'm curious about the more expensive cash games, but I don't see how they can be more profitable? I was down to $1k when I stated playing cash games... what... three days ago? I might watch a higher stakes game, but I don't think I'll invest money unless I see it can be beaten as easily as the 5/10 limit play.

I should note that the games I was playing in last night are nowhere as lose as the games at lunchtime. Plus today I was sitting to the left of the biggest chipstack. That position saved me from several pots that I planned on putting money into, but bailed when he went all-in with his 30k+.
He'd go all-in with crap like QJ so if I had something good I'd play it and double up through him.

No comments: