Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Feb 21

I watched some of the 10k/20k cash games. It looks like the buy-in is $2 million. That's a bit pricey. The play was conservative. Very few hands made it to the river. I saw some holes in the games of a few players (like lack of a continuation bet on a good flop), so I think I might do okay even at that level.

I need to check out the cheaper games to see about moving up once I reach 100k.

------------------

I popped in during lunch again.
I finished 3k+ up. I'd have had significantly more except for the attached hand.

The hand:
We all limped in pre-flop. I hit trips on the rainbow flop which I check-raised all-in. At that point I was in great position, but the turn hurt me. That ten not only gave the guy on my left (with fewest chips in the pot) the winning hand, but it negated the Ace kicker advantage I had over the rich schmuck across from me. So instead of nearly doubling up I had to split the side pot with him.
Splitting a large side pot is like having to kiss your sister.

No comments: