Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Full Tilt

I played Full Tilt a couple nights ago. I had just over 10k in chips, not enough to a full buy-in in the 100/200 games I like to play, I went to the low stakes tables.

I ended up burning through all my cash and having to rebuy for 1,000 at the cashier. At my peak that account had 130k. I can't believe how quickly I've burned through it.

The bad beats I've been getting were crazy. Going all-in with QQ pre-flop meant I had 4 callers, a queen on the flop, and someone hit a straight on the river. This stuff kept happening over and over again. I'd get full house and someone would get quads. It was brutal!

Easy come, easy go. It's only play money anyway.

* * * * * * *

I have a home game with friends this Friday. I think we're planning on two games. It should be fun. It's the same game I mentioned in an earlier post, but there won't be 13 people this time. I think we're hoping for around 8 guys.
I loaned the host my Phil Hellmuth poker book. He's an OK player. I hope the book will bring some stability to his game. He had a habit of limping in too many pots, thereby getting nibbled to death and playing pots with a lot of other limpers who happen upon weird monster hands.

No comments: