Monday, March 19, 2007

Home game

Played in a home game on Friday.
There were six of us. I played a lot wilder than I normally do. With a small group it was more about playing hands than playing to win.
We played three short Hold'em tournaments. I won the third one. I think I won it because I was itching to win by that point, so I tried a bit harder.

For the final game we decided to mix it up and play Omaha. I'm lousy at Omaha, and my friend does well, so I figured he'd win.
Well, it ends up he went out first when his trips were beat by a full house, or something like that.
At that point I figured I had a chance. My pocket King of hearts gave me a King high flush (when a third heart came on the turn). At that point I tried to extract as many chips as I could from my opponent. After all, out of the 44 cards I couldn't see, he only had 4 of them. So the odds were great that he didn't have the once card (the Ace of hearts) that could beat me.
He had it, and took all my chips. Doh!

I broke even for the night. Again, it wasn't about winning so I'm not kicking myself in the head for my performance. If I'd put my nose to the grind stone I'd have come out ahead.

No comments: