Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Bounce!

Yesterday is the bottom half. Today is the top half.
See a difference?


I made half of yesterday's loss back. But see that Amalthea III table? Here's the profit graph for that table:

Down $90 at one point.... for the biggest rebound of my life!

Here was the start of the rebound...


And the biggest pot of my life:

Stacking with TPTK? Moi?
I was seeing some screwy over-aggressive behavior and was pretty sure I had the best hand. A bet would chase him off, so I checked the river to feign weakness. I planned on check/raising. But he shoved, which makes little sense for a big hand... so I called.
Cha-ching!

How did I get down $90?
Oh... I raised in middle position and the SB called with 5/2s and made a straight. How can I possibly put him on 5/2?
Then a tilt shove with second pair. Feh.

Anyway... no more poker for me tonight. I'm quitting while I'm ahead.
Oh... here's how I stand for the month at $50NL:

Yeah, I don't play a lot of hands.

1 comment:

Icemonkey9 said...

THanks for the comments on my blog I wanted to say thank you right away since I have self-banned myself from all things poker for 24 hours which ends at around 6pm tonight.

To answer your question, YES I table hop like a frog with his ass on fire. If I dont see the right VPIP and at least 1 big stack fish at the table I'm out of there. I am also avoiding the solid regs since there are so many tables to choose from.

I think my problem HAS been two main points:

1. Sick coolers that I just ended up on the wrong end of things.

2. Really bad river calls to value bets with monsters that "probably aren't good" ... hard to let go of a straight for example but when the board is paired AND has a flush I should let it go.

I think playing smart positional tight poker is the best way to go. Not sure when I am playing next but the detox is feeling good so far.