Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas

I started playing Christmas Eve, after I made sure that Santa had made his rounds at the stockings. I finished a little after midnight... Christmas!

Well, actually, I played a few tournaments earlier. I had a win and a loss in a $10 double-or-nothing, and a loss in a 210 fpp satellite to the Sunday $11 game (It's a Guinness Records attempt this week, so I think it's $500k instead of $200k guarantee). I lost the satellite in a Q/Q pre-flop shove against two other all-ins. I hoped they both had A/K, but one had 6/6 and another had A/K... and he hit his Ace. Oh well. It was a guaranteed cash if I hit that.

Oh yeah, I also played one table after the tournaments. Not much to report there.

So anyway, I hit my "real" games this evening after making sure that Santa was done with the stockings. I was not impressed with my play. I think bluffing cost me about $15 it didn't need to.

This one wasn't smart, but I didn't have him down as not-smart and was tilting some. So it was my not-so-good play vs his bad play:


I didn't have him on the Ace, then when I hit I changed my mind and decided that he had the Ace.

I should have bet this for value. Oh well.

Value town:

He went into the tank before making the call on the river, which made me feel good about the bet. But you know, there's always the "how much more would you have called?" thought.

This is shortly after that hand. I figured chiko was tilting, and would play it the same should a similiar situation come up.

Ends up he was tilting, but he still had a better hand. :)

I try to get some value because I doubt he has anything:

He had nothing.

So here's how I ended up for the day:

No comments: