Thursday, December 11, 2008

Quick session

Played a short session. I wanted to play more but two of my four tables dried up and I just didn't feel like getting new ones. My computer has been buggy lately and I'm getting a new one so I not motivated to fix this one.

Tonight I played 274 hands over 4 tables. A bit over $13 profit. I bluffed off close to $30 really early on one table, so I'm totally happy with that.

In this hand, I thought the guy had J/9 or maybe a smaller PP. I literally said out loud to my screen, "What? That bet makes no sense?" Then I called and prepared to hate myself...

Look at his name. Fail.

Here's a hand that I played terribly. I thought the river was a good card to bluff, because I thought I was beat by pocket Jacks:

I was sick when he called. Then I did a fist pump.
This is the table I'd bluffed off $30 at earlier, so I guess he didn't believe me. :)



Today I looked up my win/loss for positions this month at $50NL 6-max. I'm profitable in every position except the BB (-$81.75) and positition 2 (-$45.95). Yes, I have a profit in the SB ($87.35). And get this... in the SB I've lost $47.50 with K/K.
As for the 2nd position losses, my biggest losing hands are 8/8 (due to a donk shove), A/Ko, and K/K. Heck, take away that one donk play and set my K/K hands to 0 in that position and I'm green.

Being profitable in the SB is nothing new for me. I'm pretty sure I was profitable there moving up $10NL and $25NL. I give up a lot the SB a lot, but I think that lets me steal the BB more often. That is, if I let someone walk he's more likely to let me steal next time.
Plus I'd like to think that I do OK post flop.

Anyway, I'm off to bed.

No comments: