Sunday, December 14, 2008

I wasn't happy with my results when I quit, but...

Online Poker

I have registered to play in the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker!

The WBCOOP is an online Poker tournament open to all Bloggers.

Registration code: 342738




This happened fairly early in the game. Tell me if this is standard:

The guy had a 3-bet percentage higher than I've ever seen. I decided to call him and either milk him if I hit the flop of bluff him off the c-bet. That Ace looked beautiful to me, so I took his money on the flop.
Standard "play the player" play. Well... I was scared. But I was right.

I did a fist pump on the turn:

...then a doh! Black Maria burned me! Oh well. Money was in good.

This one just played weird. The guy I'm trying to draw against makes a weird fold. The guy other guy makes a weird call.


I also had a period where I had Q/Q that made a set and paid little (due to a big flush draw on the board), followed immediately by Q/Q that made a set on another table and lost to a rivered 4-to-a-flush (Jack high, but I only lost $10), followed immediately by K/K that flopped a set and actually got me $15 ($30 pot), which is all I can expect on a K-high board when the dude was holding J/J.

I had a mix of tables closing and I wasn't sure if I was up or down when I quit. Was the table I was down $30 on showing a $3.30 profit now or did I close that one and replace it? I guessed that I was up maybe $8 for the night. I was pleasantly surprised.
Me for the day:


Me for the month:

No comments: