Sunday, September 13, 2009

BOOOooooOOOWOOoooWOOoo!

I played the $25+$2 satellite to the game in Aruba. I was totally card dead. If it wasn't for some desperate stealing my stats for the game would have been 5/5.
Anyway, nothing happened and I got blinded 50-something'th out of 120-something people.

I had a 20% stake in a friend who was down to 130 chips early, and managed to finish the game in 4th place. Not bad. This was a winner-take all tourney, with $1,000 paid manually to people who cashed. I heard it's paying 63 places, but have no idea how it breaks up. I'm sure the 20% I get of his cut will be more than whatever scaps of the $1k are left by the time they get to me.

Take 2 Progress

I forgot to two-table yesterday to get my points toward the Take 2 bonus. That's two missed days. I only need 25 days, so I've still got wiggle room.

Hand #2:

He left a short time later... not that I saw any bad plays that I was hoping to exploit. I just dislike it when big stacks leave the table.

So I'm down a buy-in ($25) right off the bat. Doh!

Later I made a bluff vs someone who I think had middle pair ($9 pot)
Followed immediately by a 6/6 making a set for a ($19 pot, he folded on the river).
Then a little later I do this and show the guy the bluff afterward:


Four hands later:

8/8 is not normally in my all-in range for 6-max, but this was a special case (because everyone hated me at this point) and I'm glad it worked out.

No comments: