Sunday, September 6, 2009

I didn't even have to use my A-K... I got to say it was a good day!

Yesterday there was a "shooting stars" event where a $5 bounty was put on my head as one of the stars. I put an additional $5 on my own head, and then offered $50 to anybody who declared me the prettiest (posting it in that thread) before the game, then knocked me out.
About half the field admitted I was prettiest.

It was a $5 buy-in tournament so going all-in on me paid nearly 11 times your buy-in. That means that shoving on me with any two cards is a +EV move.

Obviously I wasn't playing coin flips VS people I can lose $50 to so I played pretty tight. I did get it all-in vs people who could have claimed the bounty twice, but I won both.

I had a lot of "raise with A/Qs, get shoved on, then fold" situations. It stunk, and was far less fun than I anticipated.

I was eventually whittled down to almost nothing and had 4:1 to call a shove with my J/6, and I'd be blinded out soon anyway, so I called and lost to two overcards. The guy I lost to did not have a claim on the bounty.

Anyway, that game was a miserable experience. I felt shackled.

Today I slacked around the house all day. I was actually up early (well, 8:00 AM) but I was literally in nothing but my boxers until after 1:00.
I had planned on going kayaking, but I decided not to. I'd gone Saturday and the river was so low I had to carry it more than I liked.

TODAY:
...was a good day. As I stated earlier, at midnight I won some $ and cleared a $5 bonus.

Also...
PokerStars Tournament #193256615, No Limit Hold'em Buy-In: $7.00/$0.50 USD 90 players Total Prize Pool: $630.00 USD Tournament started 2009/09/06 14:46:40 ET Dear SvgePenguin, You finished the tournament in 1st place.

Weeeee!
Well, don't get too excited. It was a satellite, so 20 other people got first place. I won a $27 ticket to a Step 2 game. I've never won one of those. I mean, I've won more Step 2 tickets and some Step 1 tickets from Step 2 games, but I always get sucked out on and can't make it to Step 3. It's a tiny sample size though, so no biggie I guess.

After that, this:


So I'm batting 100% today.
Oh... well... I lost $2 at one of my ring games when I quit after midnight. But if you consider I only got the $5 bonus because I was at that table, that's $2.50 equity right? So 100%. ;)

Anyway, today was better than I deserved.

EDIT: I meant to just quote Ice Cube with the title to this, never thinking that A/K is a poker hand. Come to think of it, I did *not* have A/K all tournament. Weird coincidence.

No comments: