Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Fist pump

I had a not-so-good run in some games lately. The right moves, with bad results. You know, stuff that is *supposed* to happen as a part of normal variance.

Last night in the $27 Step 2 game I won a ticket to, I got all in with K/K pre-flop and lost to A/K for 2/3 of my stack. I managed to finish with a Step 1 ticket after shoving from the button with J/Qs and losing to the SB and BB who had A/x and K/x on an A/K/x flop.

Anyway, today I ran very well.

I played a $5.50 tournament and came in 3rd.
I played a $3.30 super-turbo and won it.
I played a freeroll and got to the final table.... getting KO'd just in time for...

The Big One:
Since August I've been playing the CardsChat Heads Up tournament.
Tonight I played the final matches... and won!


This is my favorite win of the year. I've won a lot more money in other tournaments this year, but having the title of Heads Up Champion is worth more to me.
I consider myself a better than average heads up player, and believed I had a pretty good chance of winning this, so it was gratifying for this to come into fruition.
Yeah, I cold decked a couple people, but I don't think I did any crippling suckouts.

No comments: