Sunday, September 6, 2009

Looks like I won't be going to Aruba: Link

Update as of September 6, 2009:
UltimateBet has not set up any of the Ultimate Aruba Experience Tournaments as of yet. There have been some problems with the tournament set up, and to be honest, they are refusing to simply communicate with us. We are trying to resolve this issues as best we can, but it is very hard to reach a solution when none of our contacts follow up with us. We have been attempting to fix the issues several times a day for over a week, and will let you all know what the situation is once we hear back from them. As of right now, there are no satellites for the Aruba Events, nor a Freeroll Event, nor the Main Event. We apologize for any inconvenience, but until we hear back from someone at UB, there is nothing we can do.


I'm guessing this means that UB had tentatively agreed to pay for a large chunk (if not all) of the $8,500 prize package ($5,000 +$500 tournament entry, plus $3k for travel/food/hotel expenses) and now that they see that they are going to lose a lot of money on this so they are balking. I'd guess that 300 would play this satellite, and they'd be making $2 in rake on each player. Plus 75 tickets were handed out (I won two). It all adds up to a big loss for UB.

My guess is that this event will not happen. The OFC does a lot of stuff and assuming they continue to operate they'll have to make some sort of amends to the 70-something people who won tickets. I'd be happy with getting some sort of equal value for my two $25 +$2 tickets I won. I don't have a lot on UB so that'd be a nice boost.

No comments: