Wednesday, September 30, 2009

G'morn'n

CardsChat is having a Guys VS Gals event, where a team of guys plays a team of girls. The girls win this thing every year.

The women have some good players, but the men have the best players. With 25 boys and 25 girls in the first event, even after one of the best males dropped out the men still have the top three, maybe even the top 5 players.

I assume it's been this way each year. But the women consistently beat the guys.

Women tend to play more conservatively, and I think (especially in this Guys VS Gals event) the men are just pushing too hard and overplay their hands against women. Then the women wait for someone to stick their neck out at an inopportune time, then chop it off.

In other words, if you scored a typical tournament men would win most of the time. When you make it a men vs women thing, then the guys will shoot themselves in the foot trying to outplay the women.

Let's put this another way. If you take the average female and the average male player, I think the woman will be go father in tournaments than the male. But if you take the top male players and the top female players, the males are better. The males draw from a larger pool, and they are more apt to be the loners willing to spend all day at a table (or computer) to get the thousands of hours experience it takes to be a top player. Women tend to have distractions like friends and family that eat their valuable poker time.

Anyway, I'll be on the guys team this year (I missed last year) and we have a new player that

---------------------------

I traded $100 off one site to another last night, so a moderator will have funds to trade with people who need it to play the Guys VS Gals event. I sort of like keeping my money on this site, and it moved me down so I'm no longer rolled for $50NL, so I decided to play some $25NL to work my way back.

I played a short session this morning, which was my first ring session in a long time.
It went well.

No comments: